ABOUT BURNING TREE
GreatLife Golf & Fitness at De Soto began its history in 2001. Built as the Burning Tree Golf Club by Bob Hill, the 9-hole, par 35 course has a total yardage of 5442 yards and a course rating of 67.1 with a slope rating of 114. The course was sold to Bob & Linda Stevens in 2004 and remained a staple in the De Soto, Kansas golfing community until 2010 when it was closed.
In May of 2012, the Burning Tree Golf Course was reopened by Mike and Mark Mallory as a part of the GreatLife Golf & Fitness brand. Building on to what was already an important part of the recreational community in De Soto, the GreatLife team also opened a fitness center in November 2012, at 32905 W. 84th Street. The fitness center, located inside DeSoto City Hall, on the stage of the community center gymnasium, is open 24/7 and includes: free weights, nautilus equipment, elliptical units, treadmills, recumbent bikes and stationary bicycles.
ALL ABOUT GOLF
ALL ABOUT FITNESS
GreatLife Fitness at De Soto is welcoming to all levels of fitness exercise. This 24 hour/7 day a week facility resides inside De Soto City Hall, on the stage of the community center gym. Entrance to our facility resides on the south side of the city hall building, next to parks and recreation entrance. Our GreatLife sign is visible from the parking lot. We provide a well-lit entrance and video monitoring for security purposes.
This fitness facility provides many different options of exercise equipment. This gym includes:
- Free Weights
- Nautilus Equipment
- Elliptical Units
- Recumbent Bikes
BURNING TREE FITNESS CENTER POLICIES
We have a Personal Trainer on site by appointment only, to provide you with individual training assistance. Ask the GreatLife staff for more information about this personal training opportunity.
GreatLife Fitness at De Soto Policies:
- All members using the fitness center must be 14 years of age or older. No one under the age of 14 is allowed inside the fitness center facility, under no circumstance.
- No guests are allowed inside the fitness facility unless accompanied by a GreatLife employee.
- Members are required to disinfect all fitness equipment used during their visit.
- Members are required to return all free weights back to the original racks.
- GreatLife approved personal trainers are allowed to work inside our fitness facility, ONLY.
- City Hall stage curtains are not to be closed, opened, or touched by any member of GreatLife.
- Key-fob entrance issues need to be reported as soon as possible to 913-301-3000.
- Any problems with our fitness facility needs to be reported immediately to GreatLife manager at 913-301-3000.
- Dress Code required
- Clean athletic shoes, no sandals or flip flops
- A shirt must be worn at all times
- No half shirts or short shorts
- No torn or frayed shirts or shorts
- No suggestive printed or pictured clothing